Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Photo #370 Revealed

It was a recorder.
I was first introduced to this instrument decades ago when I was just a wee little girl. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think everyone in the Canadian school system is taught to play the recorder. 


 And if you are somehow from some foreign country and don't know what a recorder sounds like, check out this video of someone playing the "Forrest Gump" theme...




P.s I highly recommend you go see "Forrest Gump" if for some reason you haven't seen it! It's so good, it's been awarded 6 Oscars! 

6 Comments:

  1. I don't know how to play that. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember playing the recorder!!

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forced to play it? That's amazing. Not to say it's the best sounding wind instrument but it's nice and crisp. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I KNEW it! When I was in high school we had a "Wassail Fest" and I was assigned the task of "recorder player", which was fine by me, because I didn't have to serve food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a very nice, uhm, recorder. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Forrest Gump, I cry everytime at the end! Actually, I think Tom Hanks is one of my favourite actors. :D Loved Cast Away too!

    Hahah, I was thought how to play the recorder in primary and second school and yet the only two song I remember are Three blind mice and Twinkle Little Star. XD

    ReplyDelete